Friday 5 April 2013

It's T-Shirt Friday 5 !

A Dynamite Tee...... 
Goodness gracious 5 t-shirts down the line already! And this weeks T-shirt might get you eating steak, drawing strange mythical creatures... 'Ligers', playing tetherball or maybe even voting! But first there is the rather important task of letting you know the answer to last weeks 'Big Lebowski' T-Shirt Friday Quiz Conundrum! If you thought that the electro band was... Kraftwerk then you were very nearly right. As the 'fictional' band in Maude's collection are actually called 'Autobahn' which is a kind of homage or perhaps parody (who knows?) to Kraftwerk. They made a very famous fourth album called 'Autobahn'. If you thought the band's name was 'Kraft Cheese' then why not celebrate and have some in a sandwich for your lunch today! And now it's time to unveil this week's tee. So get yourself a quadbike (but please don't break your coccyx) it's time for T-Shirt Friday...

Today's T-Shirt is from : http://www.truffleshuffle.co.uk

It's probably a bit foggy now... but if you think back to 2004, two phenomena appeared. Can you think what they might be? Clue : They are connected in this story. I first became aware of them both, (As usual for me) the wrong way round. Everywhere I went people were wearing the below T-shirt. Everywhere I looked, my eyes could only focus on the red typography coming out at me.
People in the street would pass each other by. Both wearing the same T-Shirt, They would nod to each other knowingly. As if they were in some strange secret society. I really wanted in!!!  - If for nothing else just to understand what that elusive red slogan meant. Then the strangest thing happened! For my birthday that year, I received a present from my Sister and Brother-in-law. As I opened it the red lettering glared out at me! Wow! I was now also an owner and honorary member of this rather odd cult of 'Vote For Pedro' T-Shirt wearers. Except in my case I still had absolutely no idea what it was all about. I felt like a fake. A charlatan. Wearing a T-shirt I knew nothing of. This was surely a huge case of style over content and it felt like something had to be done.... But I did continue to wear the T-Shirt. I was very drawn to it. If someone passed me by and made a comment or gesture to suggest they too were a Pedro supporter, I would calmly acknowledge it, making it seem like I new exactly what they were on about. I actually felt better for it. The thought did cross my mind at one stage that maybe none of us in this Pedro T-Shirt society really new what this thing was about? Thus making us all a bunch of people just not really knowing... but keeping the faith by wearing the shirt... Were we all waiting for a moment when the government would be overthrown by Pedro and when it happened would we be called to arms and asked to cast our cultish votes for him? Well... Errr 'no' as it worked out. It was nothing like that at all really. The day finally dawned when everything was revealed... It all started (and this is the second phenomena now) when my Sister popped round with a DVD. We often get together as a family on a Friday night. It's otherwise know as 'Curry Night' and usually includes watching a film too, I'll set the scene. We had all just polished of a fantastic and very tasty Rogan Josh, cooked by my Dad and were all settling into the sofa with a cuppa. On went the DVD. The film was called... Napoleon Dynamite... Nothing has ever been the same since that fateful day. Straight after watching it, all I wanted to do was go out into the street (Of course firstly having shaved my hair off, due to feeling too hot) hands in the air, shouting out to the world "I get It... finally I get it!" If you haven't seen the film then I recommend you do. Then you'll get it too... well maybe... I'm still not actually sure if I 'really' do...

Well there we go. So now as tradition would have it. Here is the T-Shirt Friday Quiz Conundrum: The name 'Napoleon Dynamite' was used previously to the film being made by which musician? And as we are giving clues this week : It was used on their Album made in '1986'... Now that is a sticky tricky one...

P.S. The second phenomena was of course the Rogan Josh!



2 comments:

  1. After much headscratching (and google searching), I think its Elvis Costello

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite right! I suggest some doggy biscuits perhaps roast dinner flavor to celebrate?!
    Well done Misaki!

    ReplyDelete